As the largest single source of Navy and Marine Corps officers, the NROTC Scholarship Program fills a vital need in preparing mature young men and women for leadership and management positions in an increasingly technical Navy and Marine Corps.
NROTC scholarship students receive:
- Full tuition and fees OR Room and Board
- $250-$400 monthly stipend
- Book stipend of $750 per year
- Up to 3 summer cruises
Navy option NROTC students incur a five year service obligation after commissioning. Nurse options incur a four year service obligation (not offered at NC State).
Navy option NROTC students can be service assigned into the following communities:
- Submarine Warfare
- Naval Nuclear Reactors (NR Engineer)
- Surface Warfare (SWO)
- Surface Warfare (Nuclear Option)
- Naval Aviator
- Naval Flight Officer (NFO)
- Information Warfare
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Special Warfare (SEALs)
Marine option NROTC students must successfully complete the six week Bulldog Course at Officer Candidate School in Quantico, VA in order be commissioned as a Marine second lieutenant.
- Marine Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) are assigned at The Basic School in Quantico, VA after commissioning.
- NROTC Marine option students are eligible to compete for a guaranteed Aviation Contract prior to commissioning.
Marine option NROTC students incur a four year service obligation after commissioning.