College Program and Advanced Standing Midshipmen are students that are not currently recipients of a full NROTC scholarship but are vital members of our battalion. These students are either receiving advanced standing benefits or still competing for scholarships. College Program and Advanced Standing students receive leadership opportunities in the battalion, have Naval Science course requirements and are held to the same institutional standards as our scholarship and active duty students, and the staff.
College Program Students:
- Submit application to the Commanding Officer, NROTC Unit, North Carolina State University via LCDR Dickey for consideration to join the NROTC as a college program student. Applications will be released April 15 each year. Please email the Freshman Advisor at: email@example.com if you are interested.
- Continued opportunities to compete for an NROTC Scholarship or for Advanced Standing
** Remain in a college program status until you receive a scholarship or until your junior year
** No required service (unless selected for a scholarship or advanced standing)
Advanced Standing Students:
- Must be a college program student in good standing
- Midshipmen must apply and be selected for advanced standing as a rising Junior
- $350/mth stipend in Junior year
- $400/mth in Senior year
- Naval Science text books
- 1 summer cruise
** Contracted to commission at beginning of Junior year
** Required Service – 3 years or longer on active duty